PocklingtonHistory.com Railway Street (Circa 1880)
News
> Thomas Cooke
> The Flying Man 2017
> 2017 AGM
Events
> Pocklington Local History Group
  29th Jun Barmby Moor Evening Walk

> Pocklington Local History Group
  21st Sep - Alfred Summerson - local   lad made good

> Pocklington Local History Group
  19th Oct - The Movers and Shakers   of the Pocklington Canal

Gallery
Market Place Market Place
Note the new building in the photo on the corner.
Regent Street Regent Street
Note the 'Old Red Lion Hotel'
Chapmangate Chapmangate
Note the independent chapel built in 1807 to the left.
History of Bolton
NB: This information is sourced from Bulmers 1892 directory.
BOLTON township contains 982 acres of land, the property of T. N. F. Bardwell, Esq., M.A., J.P., D.L., Bolton Hall (lord of the manor); Mrs. Thompson, Pocklington; and several small freeholders. It is valued for rating purposes at £1,348, and had in 1891 a population of 118. The village, which is small and straggling, is situated one-and-a-half miles south-east of Fangfoss station, on the York and Market Weighton railway, three miles south-west of Bishop Wilton, and three miles north-west of Pocklington. The Wesleyans have a small chapel here, built in 1869, with cemetery attached. About one-and-a-half miles south of the village is Bolton Hall, the seat of T. N. F. Bardwell, Esq. It is a large and handsome brick mansion, erected in 1760, and very considerably enlarged by the present owner. Mr. Bardwell is the only son of Frederick Bardwell, Esq., J.P., of Woodleigh, Notts., by Anne, daughter of Maurice Rodgers, Esq., and was called to the Bar at the Inner Temple, in 1877.