PocklingtonHistory.com Railway Street (Circa 1880)
News
> The Hull blitz
> Movers and Shakers
> Alfred Summerson
Events
> Pocklington Local History Group
  17th Jan - An update on the
  Burnby Lane Dig *Tickets Available*

> Pocklington Local History Group
  22nd Feb - Short Talks

> Pocklington Local History Group
  22nd Mar - The Zeppelin Raids over   York

Gallery
Market Place Market Place
Note the new building in the photo on the corner.
Regent Street Regent Street
Note the 'Old Red Lion Hotel'
Chapmangate Chapmangate
Note the independent chapel built in 1807 to the left.
Pocklington Church
Old Photographs and drawings of Pocklington Church
1824 Easton
This image was published in 1824 by John Easton
William Watson Church

An early drawing of Pocklington Church by William Watson around 1844
Note the position of the church clock*
(reproduced by kind permission of Wm. Brown)

* In the York Herald, Jun 13, 1846, It is reported a parish meeting was held with the purpose of procuring a new clock, the old one being worn out. It was to be purchased by voluntary subscription and £100 was raised in just a few days.

Forth's Church
A late nineteenth century drawing of Pocklington church.
Published by Forth's of Pocklington.
Note how the cottage on Pavement has gained another storey
(reproduced by kind permission of Wm. Brown)
Church 01
A postcard of All Saints Pocklington
Church 02
The back of All Saints church
Church Bells
Pocklington Church Bells
Bell Ringers of 1957
Thanks to Neil Turner for this photograph and to Paul Hutton & Bob Sissons for providing the names. Bellringers team of 1957, From left to right.....

Vin (Vincent) Brighton, Paul Hutton, Alf Simpson, Cliff Bairstow (Tower Captain), George Wrigglesworth, Peggy Ireland, Bob Sissons, John Kenwright, Jim (William) Lockwood.

Pocklington Church with pews
Pocklington Church with Pews, and beam supports?
Church Interior
Pocklington Church Interior
1913 Repair
1923
Church Repair in 1913
Note the position of the Church Gates, which were moved following the demolition of the old shops on the church side of Pavement. (see below)
The postmark on this card was 1923. Note the passageway to the back of the old shops on the right.
Pavement