Chapmangate Note the independent chapel built in 1807 to the left.
Primitive Methodist Chapel
The Primitive Methodist chapel was rebuilt by the builder Thomas Grant in 1865, at a cost of £1,200. It was a handsome structure of pressed bricks, capable of seating 550 persons. Attached was a Sunday school. There used to be three resident ministers..
The Primitive Methodist Chapel in Union Street - now demolished